View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lost3000
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

ha! I drank so I could remember why I don't want to drink! Love it!!

Well, I realize now I should have been more prepared. I knew I'd be in the courtroom for hours. I should have packed tea (my go to drink) and a breakfast bar or something for sustenance. Then, when I got home, I should have had a planned stress relief activity. Something I still don't have lined up. I wouldn't have wanted to go to the gym because I was hungry with a headache. I suppose I could have asked my husband to start dinner so it was ready when I got home - because having dinner would have done the trick.

My job can be stressful, but for the most part it isn't. And I'm one of the few who actually LOVE what I do.

Re: A counselor. I did see one two years ago, but I couldn't really come clean completely about my drinking. Because I work in law I am extraordinarily aware of how insurance works. I also have a deep fear of being found out at work. I can't afford to pay a therapist cash out of my pocket, my insurance provides for 20-30 visits per year with a very low co-pay. And the crappy way my insurance works, well, it doesn't really outline who does what - they are all therapists. It's not like there's a list that says, these people help alcoholics! And I had to go see a few before finding a decent one, a non-quack. Even the decent one got awful, spending the hour talking about Obama. At the end, he announced to me that the insurance wasn't paying enough and surely I wouldn't mind paying more than my usual co-pay? He knew what I did for a living and figured I could easily pay more. Soooo unethical.

Anyhow, yes, I will dust myself off and get back on the saddle again. Thanks everyone. I do feel bad.