View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Teggie

((((Looking))))) Welcome to our forum! We are very happy your here and I think your going to find alot of kindred spirits here. We all have one thing in common, our lives have been affected by alcohol. Your story touched my heart, I'm glad to see you are reaching out for guidance. Attend that alanon meeting, DO IT, it is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. Alanon can help you learn how to take care of you and help you deal with the issues that are causing you so much pain. Beleive me, it has literally saved my life. Your pregnant, scared and feel alone, I understand how hard that must be for you right now. Grab onto your support system tight and don't let go. Let those close to you that love you help you and be there for you. You don't need to be facing this alone. Step one in alanon tells us that we are powerless over alcohol. That means that we are powerless over the drinking and powerless over all the other behavior that is there whether he's drinking or not. I am glad your fella chose to go to treatment and is working on his recovery. I see that his sober state is bringing forth more issues that didn't seem to be there before. Sometimes we don't see other problems when there is a bigger one present that is taking all our attention. You have to do whats going to be best for you and your child. And it's probebly going to take a little time for you to decide exactly what to do. I encourage you to browse the power posts listed at the top on the forum, there is some excellant information there. Go to your meeting, get some literature and start educating yourself on you. Continue to browse and post here, vent your thoughts, your feelings ,your anger, spell it all out, it's all good here. I wish you the very best in your start on the recovery road. My prayers are with you...Teggie