Thread: Please STOP
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

I wondered what your specifics were.
It's been a while since my visit with the lawyer so some details are a foggy. I was drinking from the firehose that day in terms of information overload.

Anyway, it's possible that requesting random tests is not an expense. The flip side is to make sure you're available for testing as well. It goes both ways. The other investigative work where they dig deep is the costly stuff. I doubt I could afford that myself. Therefore, I'm working a plan and keeping the camera close and the documentation current.

I also learned about something called a Protective Order. It could be something like a restraining order. I don't know but here's what I was told.
I could file one of these in an extreme case. It's one of those things that a Judge needs to approve but in general it's something that when dealing with potential alcoholics, they're normally approved immediately. You don't serve the order. Officials show up and give your alkie 15 minutes to get out. Depending on the turn around, they could be caught drunk in the process and now you have your proof and you also have some temp protection.

I'd toss in a silly disclaimer to my experiences but they're mine. I just hope my experiences can jog your memory and give you a few talking points next time you visit a lawyer.

Good luck! We're pulling for you.