View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 12:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lillyknitting
lillyknitting

Thank you, that was utterly amazing. I never thought of it that way but, yes, when I drink and am drunk I am totally not the same person and I too have thought "oh my God, I could have even murdered someone and not remembered it". Many times I have shared this is meetings that if police came to my door telling of some horror that I had committed in blackout what would I do!!! Too horrific to even consider. I have had many, many blackouts where I can't remember whole evenings, what I said, what I did, who was there etc. I guess that is why some religions do not allow the drinking of alcohol because it is like the devil entering into our bodies and overtaking our minds and spirit into something/someone we are not. I also believe alcohol is a very powerful, addictive drug and many people are addicted to it even though they do not realise it. I also believe that Governments realise this and purposefully and actively condone it to keep the masses under control - if you look at advertising, alcohol is everywhere. Even in supermarkets it is at the beginning and end of every isle, quite unlike when I was a child growing up, alcohol was there but in selected places where underage could not get it or even see it. Having said all of this I cannot change the world, only myself and can only tell you the utterly amazing difference to me from my drunk self and my now sober self. The insanity of alcoholism is that I even consider, for one fleeting second, that I would ever want that hell back again and swap for the peace, serenity, clarity of mind and thought, as well as my health back is total insanity. Thanks