Old 04-25-2011, 11:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CanfixONLYme

beachy... man oh man... what stuff you are going through right now. The sad thing is your bf is relapsing with pot. That totally sucks I know. My AH did the same thing to me a year ago "I can have a few drinks... it's only when I drink whiskey that I'll want to use (crack)." I was just so flabbergasted that he thought this way, in some delusional sense I went along with it... because it was the only way I could cope and have him still in my life.

Then it got worse... and he drank every day and then BOOM! He was gone - things taken from our home and he relapsed. It was a nightmare.

It sounds as though you are taking steps to move out but it also sounds as though you still love him (that's okay too!) and are so frustrated with his choices of thinking of himself and not you or your little girls.

I hope that you will find solace and support here and that you can glean tools to cope with your inner peace, which in turn will help you 'detach with love.' That's the most important thing. I'm SLOWLY learning this... it's freaking hard and I seem to regress somewhat at times, but I hope I am making some progress in my own recovery. In fact, I thought I was losing it last night big time and I posted a thread and I got so much love and support. It really helped me today!

Thanks for posting on here and keep coming back. You're among friends here!