View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
DISdreamer

Thank you. Easter was fine. It was the first Easter since I can remember where he didn't have a beer in his hand wasn't slurring his words, etc.

*Allegedly* was stealing from work. For what it was, someone pointed out that "other people do that all the time." I had a coworker a long time ago who was an addict. And like any job, there were unspoken "perks" to our job. For instance you were not supposed to use company vehicles for personal errands, but if you were on the way back from a meeting and had to stop at the local store to pick up some medication, no one was going to bat an eye. But the addict didn't seem to have the part of her brain that told her when enough was enough. So while the rest of us occasionally did that (maybe once every six months) she would regularly check out of meetings early in order to get all of her errands done - and come back to the office and unload a trunk full of groceries into her own vehicle before coming in....And of course when she was spoken to her defense was that "everyone was doing it." I suspect this is the case here also.

I am angry and embarrassed about the whole thing. I am relived that no one was killed, but he is looking at a felony. I'm debating on going to our local AlAnon meetings, but we are in a small town and I'm kind of worried about it.