Thread: cravings
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
reggiewayne

When I was "new" and was having cravings I had a list of things I would do. First, I went to AA daily. Sometimes twice a day. I read the BB. I participated in this site. I would clean the hell out of my house and car. I would do nice things for me wife without being asked. I'd call people in the program or family members and ask them how their day was going. I'd share what I was feeling with trusted people in the program. I'd make my bed. I'd do laundry. I'd take a walk, play golf, or do yardwork. I'd also pray to my HP and ask him to help me. And I took / take a lot of naps.

There were many days, that I did every single thing on this list. I did them so much that now (after 4 months) I do most of them out of habit. I do know that sitting around and waiting for a craving to pass has never worked very well. I have to get busy in the solution. All of the things I suggested are productive activities that help me get out of my own way.

If I can do this, anyone can. Our feelings follow our actions! If you can change you actions your emotions will follow.