View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 10:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
David 1

Hello Mareah, I can tell you are very insightful and are a lot wiser than I was at age 16!!

You stated very clearly what you do not want in your life and it makes sense, but actions do speak louder than words! Keep focused on the positive aspects of your life; Mareah, your whole life is in front of you now and you are getting ready to make some decisions that can really change your life in a positive way.

It is strange, but once your reecovery is underway, you will feel like a fog has lifted and you can begin to live and enjoy life again. You do have to give it longer than two weeks however!

One thing to watch out for is the "friends" you choose to be with. Be careful to not try to make positive changes, but still hang with the same old group that abuses drugs, etc.

I am sorry if I sound like a parent, but I have been in your shoes. I drank and did try pot when I was in high school, but I did not quit or even recognize that I had a problem then.

Don't let drugs and alcohol steal your teen years and life away!! You have so much to live for and you can't truly experience life when you are high or drunk. I speak from experience and also understand where you are coming from, and I hope that I have helped in some small way.

Take care Mareah,

Dave