View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dark angel

The trust thing has always been my greatest stumbling block. I grew up putting my trust into people who proved time and time again that they were not trustworthy. It was a hard lesson to learn, but I learned it. When my father and older brother abused us, my mother didn't protect us. Your parents are the first authority figures in your life, and when you learn to be fearful of them, I became fearful of all authority figures and couldn't figure out why. But now I know different, they are just people like you and me, not some all powerful figure. Now here is the one that I agonized over, why couldn't I put my trust in a Higher Power. I knew there was a God, but why was I having such a hard time trusting. It wasn't until I got to know a friend of mine dad, that I realized that I grew up without any good male role models. It was then that I realized how much a father could love a child. I finally knew it not in my head but in my heart that God loves me even that much more. Even the best of people can let us down, because after all they are only human. But we have a Higher Power that we can trust and will always be there. Seija