Old 04-19-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Thank you so much. So...are you my sibling from our childhood that I've never met? My father was off doing the same, Mom was very formal and reserved and my sisters were much older and gone from home. = Lonely.
We well could be! I'm in NH so we're certainly within geographic distance-- and ummm, my father had lots and lots of affairs so it wouldn't surprise me to learn I had additional siblings! Oh the layers of dysfunction in these families of ours!

I'm the oldest in my family fyi... Even though we all were often home together (siblings and I) it was like we were each in our own bubble trying to protect ourselves from our mom's abuse and more often than not I was the one who bore the brunt of it and everyone else was just glad it wasn't "their turn" and for fear of my mom's retribution never stepped in to help. It wasn't fun. And it sounds like being totally alone, when your older sisters left put you in the line of fire similarly... I'm sorry to hear how things were for you. It sounds sad and lonely.

My father committed suicide and I think it will kill me if he does the same and that's why I'm fighting so hard for him. Unhealthy, yes, I know it is. But, that's where I am and why I asked for advice.
I am so sorry. That sounds so painful and it makes so much sense that someone whose potential you see and who you love as a friend would be someone you'd want to help avoid the same fate as your dad.