Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
brokenheartfool

Originally Posted by BobbyJ View Post
Some of you know, that my "so called" RAH moved away (2,000 miles) after he relapsed from his 28 days in rehab.

We talked last night on the phone and he tells me..."You need to find serenity"...my thoughts: (Well yeah,no crap)...I have it living here... my thoughts: (Well yeah, you have no responsibilities and no recovery program)
I will pray for you: my thoughts (Great need all I can get).. You will never be happy until you find serenity: my thoughts (i agree and wish I had it all right now)

Is it just me? OR Did you find serenity right away?

How can he get it so fast?

He told me, that rehab taught him serenity right off the get go..

This kind of makes me wonder, if Im missing something or not working my steps correctly....
Oh boy! I haven't heard them all yet, apparently!
So now, this man who is new to his program, if working it at all, is a master of serenity and your needs and is telling them to you, eh?
NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT!

The truth. He is manipulating you to feel that you don't know how to take care of yourself, and find balance in life.
Sounds as if he took some words from rehab, and is now using those words as ammunition to hurt you.

Here's your serenity--because it's mine too--and everyone else's here--and I've found this magical thinking in finding serenity--magical only in its simplicity and common sense!
WHENEVER, someone says something manipulative, or says something that makes you feel badly about yourself, or makes you question yourself in a negative light such as this, they are doing you NO favors.
How I am finding my serenity--
DO NOT send me your pain, that's for you to work out on your own.
DO NOT try to make me feel pain, because I won't listen.
If you have anything to say to me, that is either venting your pain, or sending pain my way, I don't want to hear it...EVER.
If you want to send love my way, if you want to work out a problem between us by using love instead of pain, then I'll listen.This goes for EVERYBODY IN MY LIFE FROM NOW ON.
There. There's my serenity.

It's my new serenity boundary, and I'm sticking to it.