View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jessiecat777

Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
I didn't have alot of drinking buddies anyway, since I didn't drink in the bars. So I don't have to worry about cutting the cord. I am used to being home alone. Separated and daughter is 18 slowly flying the nest, 3 boys in other states. I am taking this time alone (which I don't mind) to fully understand who I am as a person. I never lived my life sober long...a week or year here and there. Now I have to face myself and I like it.
There is a difference between being alone and feeling lonely. Although I am alone, I am far from lonely. My new friends stem from AA and rehab. All of which are in the same mindset as me. You may want to consider diving into AA if not for recovery reasons just the reason of having a connection with others. People who truly know what its like.
OH, I love this site and am here very very often, too -BUT you do need to get OUT of the house. I find that I am looking forward to sitting with my friends. If we aren't talking about past drinking experinces we are talking about doing hair, farmers talk about calving, jobs, kids, etc. It is just an hour out of my comfort zone at home but I find it very rewarding towards my recovery.

thanks for that!!!! I have tried ALL the a's in the past...but obviously i wasn't ready to surrender completely.....I know it was me and not the people at the meetings but i always found a way to screw up....i had the "i'll show them" attitude and didn't like taking direction...so really i have to get to the point that i feel i can even show my face in the rooms from acting like a total ass!!! I know that seems silly to some...but i also have mental disorders(that i self medicated for years) that prevent me from even leaving the house...esp. by myself. I am currently on non narcotic non benzo meds for my bipolar and severe depression but i still have some major issues to tackle sober...and being in crowds or closed door rooms are just a couple of my problems....i am honest today with all doctors and my weekly therapist and hopfully i will have the courage to face those demons...hey...i quit shooting drugs and drinking alcohol right? so i know i can tackle these other deterents as well....
thanks again!!!! i read everything all advice...esp. yours!!!