View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bubblehead

[QUOTE=laurie6781;2938084I did try Chantix, not only did I start getting 'strange' dreams, not nightmares, that did turn into nightmares the longer I was on it, but my whole demeanor, mood swings, me changed. Then I started getting homicidal/suicidal (wanting someone else to kill me) like I was when drinking many years ago, my dear friend Lora2272 was living with me at the time and said I was really starting to scare her, and as I respect her opinion and sobriety so much, I said that's it, NO MORE. Got off of it as fast as I could, but the affects lasted for almost another month. In my book that is 'NASTY' stuff.

[/QUOTE]
I had a friend attempt suicide while taking Chantix. The side effects clearly list suicidal thoughts as one. As as a result, I never tried it.
I quit smoking fr 4 years using nicotine gum. I did not use as directed and continued chewing the gum for 4 years. I went back to smoking and have been off and on for the last 8 months again. The gum helped me when I didn't WANT to smoke. One day, I'll try the patch which supposedy reduces the nicotine gradually.