View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 04:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Artsoul)))))

When I reached a year, I took my cake(s) at my regular meetings. Everybody congratulated me, oh it felt so good.

Then my sponsor said to me, glad you have made your first year, now THE REAL WORK STARTS! Oh seesh ...................... but she was correct.

I have tried over the years of my sobriety to quit smoking and have not accomplished it totally yet. The longest was for 3 years.

I did try Chantix, not only did I start getting 'strange' dreams, not nightmares, that did turn into nightmares the longer I was on it, but my whole demeanor, mood swings, me changed. Then I started getting homicidal/suicidal (wanting someone else to kill me) like I was when drinking many years ago, my dear friend Lora2272 was living with me at the time and said I was really starting to scare her, and as I respect her opinion and sobriety so much, I said that's it, NO MORE. Got off of it as fast as I could, but the affects lasted for almost another month. In my book that is 'NASTY' stuff.

i so understand your wanting to quit, but please think twice and then 3 times about the Chantix. J M H O

Back to your other topic, I do believe that once we hit that 11 month/ 1 year mark the real work does start ...................... we know by then that we can stay sober and live sober but still do not like some or many things about ourselves.

So just like One Day At A Time, we work on the 'changes' One Step At A Time. I think your wanting to go back to a Course On Miracles is an EXCELLENT choice to continue your journey. It will help you to look at yourself differently as well as those around you, especially your children. It will help you to be a better mom than you already are.

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and hugs,