Thread: Confession Time
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Missy7

About NA beer. I'm utterly aware that it may be problematic. Remember, I'm really a binge drinker, maybe not an old-style alcoholic (as defined by my dad--who binged 24/7) so I have lots and lots of education. That and at least three alkie sisters, years of trying to AA to help with my dad (He has to want to, he has to want to), etc. I know about changing the patterns.

But my own issue involves two habits: my drinking problem (a very real thing) and my social life (also pretty real). And I'll tell you, the NA beer worked very well. I didn't love it, but all bars carry it and I can order it and I am not a big soda drinker. I am on a diet though (a serious one) and I'm guessing it's all the calories without the kick so that is under consideration.

I can tell you also--as an alcohol vampire--that if there is alcohol in those suckers I didn't catch a whiff of it. I had one each at two bars, did not desire another, and then suggested we go home when I'm usually keying up for the next great adventure--if not alcohol then food. So for me, it's a terrific alternative. If bars would carry diet 7-up I would be fine. But very few do.