View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 05:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
sprman24

Originally Posted by coffeedrinker View Post

and, btw, in my opinion, when someone doesnt' drink for a week it's not a relapse. when someone has a disease that is incurable but goes into remission, such as cancer or alcoholism, and they experience a time of good health, THEN the disease comes back with a vengence, THAT'S a relapse.

still keep comin here. i think you're gonna need us...
Yes, that my opinion as well. After each rehab he was sober for a few years.
Usally he always started drinking because something happened in his life, which is not an excause in my eyes, but still.

We talked yesterday again about his drinking and he said, he doesn't wanna go to rehab, because they say all the time the same and he knows it all.
He doesn't want to go AA, because it wouldn't help him, to listen to other people stories. Blah Blah Blah, i thought. He says he wants to quit by himself.
Is that possible? I don't think it wouldn't work. But I wonder what kinda programms are out there, which actually not just deal with the drinking Problem. I think there must be a programm out there, which deals with those depressions too.

Thanks to everybody, to replay. Sometimes it just helps me, to write down what I think and that gives me some answers too.

I acutally wanna go to an Al Anon meeting here in the region, but I am just to scared. I am a little shy, when it comes to meet new people in a group.