View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jessiecat777

Originally Posted by failedtaper View Post
Hi and welcome Jessiecat!

I'm sorry you haven't had many replies yet. For some reason, the forum has been very quiet for the past few days. I think a lot of people get busy and, even if they read the posts, they are on their way somewhere and think "maybe later."

I am here a lot. I am 4 months clean from a 2 year oxycodone addiction, which for me came about after double orthopedic surgeries on my knees. I still struggle at times -- not so much that I have been tempted to use, because I have set up a NO ACCESS situation for myself -- but days that are great, and days not so much. But, that's life isn't it? I used to think I had to medicate myself against any and all "bad days."

I hope you are well. I briefly checked out your threads yesterday, but didn't get time to post until later on. I usually post on the Kicking the Ox thread. You will find people over and over on the same threads, mostly because we are looking for our "buds" there, who also read and post. Nothing exclusive at all, really, just familiarity.

There are lots of good people on that thread. It is a long one, and is a continuation from "I'm going cold turkey..." thread. Lots of good reading for figuring out what to think about withdrawal symptoms.

I came here really scared in my first days of withdrawal, and I found an amazing amount of support here.

We're all glad to see your posts, so don't be shy about jumping onto another thread, any one that you feel is comfortable for you.

Welcome again!

FT
dude...i am just getting familliar how to use threads and posts...i am faking it till i am making it lol...guess i should read some instructions but that has never been my forte...but i do love it here and am enjoying it completely...i feel gratitude that i can even sit here and talk to all of you...a little over a year ago i was a dirty homless addict with swolen arms from shooting two twenty dollar baggies of coke at a time...that is where my addiction quickly took me...i have tried just about everything but my demon was that coke shot....and seriously...i saw hoplessness and death for me by the end of it. So i feel i am very fortunate because alot of "me s" out there don't have that luxury. I am sorry for your pain....i too have alot of physical pain as well. Ok and i will be honest here...against my better judgment because i haven't ever seen people talking about it...but i need to get support on it...so here goes...i have hep c from using needles....i was told my levels aren't that high yet but they are getting there and i will need interfuron treatments soon...i am scared....but i know i must deal with the reprocusions of my past and that is one of them. I am so scared of the stigma that goes along with having hep c but better out than inbodes true for me on this one. anyways i have cronic pain from the disease like acheiness and fatigue...it sucks...but at least there is a cure(so they say) possible for it. I also have to go for a treadmill stress test because of abnormal ekg....so agfain i am worried...also i need an ultrasound of abdomin because of pain...yuk!! i am so stressed out...but i know that is part of recovery...dealing with the "yukies" of using. thanks again for your post you gave me the courage to stop hiding from the pain and confronting it head on...way to go!!!!