View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FT

Hi and welcome Jessiecat!

I'm sorry you haven't had many replies yet. For some reason, the forum has been very quiet for the past few days. I think a lot of people get busy and, even if they read the posts, they are on their way somewhere and think "maybe later."

I am here a lot. I am 4 months clean from a 2 year oxycodone addiction, which for me came about after double orthopedic surgeries on my knees. I still struggle at times -- not so much that I have been tempted to use, because I have set up a NO ACCESS situation for myself -- but days that are great, and days not so much. But, that's life isn't it? I used to think I had to medicate myself against any and all "bad days."

I hope you are well. I briefly checked out your threads yesterday, but didn't get time to post until later on. I usually post on the Kicking the Ox thread. You will find people over and over on the same threads, mostly because we are looking for our "buds" there, who also read and post. Nothing exclusive at all, really, just familiarity.

There are lots of good people on that thread. It is a long one, and is a continuation from "I'm going cold turkey..." thread. Lots of good reading for figuring out what to think about withdrawal symptoms.

I came here really scared in my first days of withdrawal, and I found an amazing amount of support here.

We're all glad to see your posts, so don't be shy about jumping onto another thread, any one that you feel is comfortable for you.

Welcome again!

FT