View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
dancingnow

I am NC with my AH (hard to be totally with kids) and one day I was having a hard time as I was having to arrange to pick up DS from AH and had to change plans. AH barely spoke with me and whatever he said was totally unsupportive and somewhat nasty.

Long story short I called a friend afterward and she said to me - look at you, you are a basket case and you know what - do you think AH is even thinking about what he said to you or how he said it or about you at all?

The answer of course was no - so there I was wasting all my time and energy for what - it wasn't going to change a thing and I was not feeling good at all, when I could have enjoyed doing something or just being peaceful.

L - You are doing so well with your NC, it will get easier. One thing you don't want to do is become resentful. There's no reason or way to understand why alcoholics do what they do. I think I read a post yesterday that said something like it's just what alcoholics do. So try not to take it personally or be resentful of him not trying to call you - it's a different normal, I suppose (although I have no idea what normal is!)

Just my thoughts, hope it helps some.