Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
goldengirl3

Yes Yes Yes! It's funny that you posted this. I have been going through this the past two days after leaving him 7 months ago. I have been laid off and unemployed for 6 weeks now and have been down and out. He and I used to work together and are still in the same industry...word gets around...I had heard he was asking about me so I finally emailed him and asked him why he didn't just ask me himself. We emailed for a couple of days back and forth with conversations of what's going on, how we are and arguments. Of course he was throwing all the blame on me like always...he never did anything wrong...I wouldn't let him have friends...I wouldn't give him s*x...I didn't understand his finances....

It was all bull. But the one I started to wonder about is "Was it really that bad?" He wanted to spend at least 5 days a week with friends (drunk friends) and we would fight all the time because he really wouldn't spend any time with me. And those little thoughts creep in...well maybe it wasn't that bad. Maybe I should be able to be called a c*nt or f*t and take it as a joke. Maybe I was too sensitive when I didn't like to be told, "Suck my c*ck!!!" Maybe there is something wrong with me.

Luckily we have broken up and gotten back together several times and enough for me to know that while I might think those little thoughts, I know that I will quickly be reminded that it really was that bad. No one can accomodate him to everything that he wants and give up ALL of your needs in the way that he wants.