View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
kittykitty

I think these answers will be pretty common in this thread. We've all been so scarred by these alcoholic relationships, they've really messed us up so to speak. I am in no way shape or form interested in any realtionship other than the one with myself and my HP right now.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who move on and find happier times with someone new. Chances are they might not stick around here to share about it though, maybe they do, I don't know. I know how easy it was for me to disappear from SR when I was deep in denial about my ExABF, when I had convinced myself that things were great and I was happy. Stooooopid.

Anyways, here's how I look at it. I was just as dysfunctional as he was in this relationship. I could almost say that I am just as much to blame for the whole thing. And believe me, he is not the first person with issues that I have had in my life! I think when I hit bottom (which was with this last relationship), I finally realized that I am the common denominator here. There is something majorly wrong with my picker. There is something wrong with me, that I am attracted to these types of people. Until I do something about that, I will keep attracting and be attracted to the same types, and I will NEVER have a healthy relationship.
SO i'm working on it. If I can address my issues and become a healthier person myself, I am confident that I will attract a healthy partner in the future. I think we all have the potential to do just that.