View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
missedthemark

So I am new here...

I will try to tell my story in a semi-coherent way, though I am not feeling that way right now...

I just recently came to suspect that my boyfriend of 2 years is using crack. He will not admit it, but I have found some evidence. I first started to suspect that something was off about a month and a half ago. He was going through money like crazy with nothing to show for it. He was neglecting his hygiene while he used to be almost obsessive about it. We aren't living together, he recently lost his job and ended up staying with his parents. Things were coming up missing from his parents' house, a lot of cds, dvds, and wii games are just gone. He suddenly had these friends that I had never heard of, and while he has never had a problem telling me anything in the past, he would not answer me about these friends of his. I kept asking him what was going on, and he kept saying he was just depressed because he couldn't find a job. Then, he did a drywall job for his uncle and was paid $400 for it, the money was gone the next day. One Sunday he just disappeared for the entire day. He finally called me at 1:30 am and said that he was giving one of his "friends" a ride and on the way the engine blew. He said he sold the car to the guy that towed it for him. I'm beginning to think he sold it to get high. One day, when I was visiting him, I decided that I was tired of him not telling me anything, so I went through his jacket. I found a bunch of things that I assume he stole, jewelry and psp games. I also found a used crack pipe. He had fallen asleep and I didn't know what to do so I just left. He called a lot and I didn't answer. When I finally told him that I knew,he denied it and got mad at me. He called me later and said that he would take a drug test and go to rehab and then he said he had a warrant and he would just turn himself in. That is what he did. That was 3 weeks ago.

He is still in jail. I told him he has to get help when he gets out. He will only say that I am wrong and he only wants my support while he is in there. He said that he was going to get high, but never used the pipe. He will not own up to it. I keep thinking that as long as he keeps denying it, that means he will probably pick up right where he left off when he gets out.

I am sorry that this turned into something of a novel. Thank you for reading. Any advice or comments are welcome and will be greatly appreciated.