View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lipitor

Originally Posted by happyme View Post
I'm crying reading all your messages. It's such a relief to read these boards and know that I'm not alone, and nor am I imagining my problem with alcohol (my drinking self and certain heavy drinking "frends" try so hard to convince me that I don't have a problem). Even if I do manage to stop at 2 drinks, which is very rare, I am never satisfied and want and crave more and more SO badly. I've been trying to control my drinking for my entire adult life and I haven't been able to, and I am here now saying STOP this madness. I have such an amazing husband, and wonderful children and I get it now, I'm ready to admit to myself I have to stop trying to control it and playing games with amounts and boundries. If I don't take that first drink then it's all irrelevant.
10th April 2011 is the first day of my sober life.
Fantastic news, It is great you seem to have found resolve.

1 When the demons come , try to remember what you felt like every morning when you were unwell, anxious regretful and in pain.

2 Have a back up plan. I dont attend AA, but i have my strategies that finally work Take a shower , drive for an hour, watch a dvd.

3 This quote really helped me "We all give up drinking eventually , it is up to us when that is "

4 2 hours of feeling relaxed and cool is not worth the trade off of 22 hours feeling like garbage, both physically and emotionally.

Thats it ...
Winston Churchill said "it is not things that disturb a man , it is the IDEA of things ..." for me it was the idea of not ever drinking but , that idea , is distorted .

Im not a religious man , but i will pray for you . I dont know what that means but what the hell, you are worth a prayer , thats for sure.

Kind regards from Sydney Australia

L