View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SSIL75
New to Real Life

Originally Posted by happyme View Post
Hungover as hell, having spent the night with people who don't really care about be. Humiliated about the things I know I did which I don't remeber because I black out so easily. Being a total bitch to my husband who does care, justifying my drinking as "me" time cause I have 2 young children to look after. My mother is an alcoholic, my uncle too. My sister is a heroin addict. I still like to pretend that I can control my drinking, that THIS time I will stop after 2 or 3. It never happens and I don't think it ever will. I want so desperately to stop but I never seem to be able to.
I have two young children, too. I drank because of the stress of that and because I don't have a lot of support where I live and I have unmedicated anxiety, ADHD and depression.

It was a real turning point to realize that that's all crap. The ONLY reason I drink is because I'm an alcoholic.

Another turning point was realizing that sober life wasn't lame. It was actually a lot more fun than drinking life.

Another was realizing that I can never, ever have 'just 2' and be happy. I sometimes could have just 2. But it didn't satisfy me.

Give sobriety a chance. You won't believe the difference it can make