View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Lipitor

Hey , Im under a month after twenty years on the booze, so what have to say would probably carry as much credibility as a previous bank robber applying for a job as a security guard.

Nevertheless, I cannot have "one" drink. It leads to exactly what you wrote. Thanks also for the reminder.

The times when I drank , only that first little bugger of a one that I thought would not matter , I called

"my momentary lapses in muscular co -ordination"

It was like a reflex , a natural thing, normal, part of "ME" (how familiar that sounded) to just drink alcohol , and the funny thing for me was, for the first 24 years of my life , i never touched or wanted it...so how could it be "me"??

It has become something that I consider me , but the true me is far different and so is the true you .

I have three daughters in their 20s, and I drank through most of their childhoods albiet being a good dad ,,,no that is not true,, a drunk dad.

Two kids who live with you ????????? You are so lucky , so blessed,

For what it is worth , Get off your butt and get some bloody help .. You have too much to lose. I LOST MINE. and believe me once they are gone, the job is infinitely more difficult

Hang in , be strong, get on with it.. and yes, Dont be too hard on yourself.

As a matter of fact , you can do it.

I wish you all the best , and every bit of encouragement .

PS , dont worry about that the rest of your family is , they are not you , and you have guts and strength ,,,well your on the forum, that is part of guts and strength. Writing your post took courage.

L