View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bluebelle

The situation with my mom is worse than I realized. This is her second suicide attempt since January. Her immediate health is o.k., and she is being transferred to an acute psych unit today. The medical doctor said that she said that she is lonely, in a lot of pain, and doesn't want to live. So, we are hoping that the psych doctor will commit her so that she can receive longer-term inpatient treatment. I will talk to the psychiatrist later (hopefully). I will give them the background on her--that she has been a danger to others for a long time, and that is one of the reasons why she is so lonely. I hoping to give the psychiatrist enough information that he will realize that she needs to be committed for awhile.

I am so scared. My aunt said that my grandmother's health is looking really poorly. She elderly gradmother is very upset about my mom, and is not doing well. My family is all spread apart. I feel some guilt over living so far away, but I know it was my choice to move here.

I have a test to take for a class today, and I am trying to keep my schooling together. It would be very hard for me to drop school right now (with 3 weeks left in the semester). I don't have the money to fly to where my mom is, and it would also mean I'd have to miss work. I want to do what is best for my mom, but I can't lose my life, too. The reason why I haven't seen her in the last several years is because I don't feel safe with her. I could stay in her house while she is at the psych facility, but I'm not sure what this would accomplish anyway. My grandmother is all worried about my mom's house because the fire department had to break in when they rescued my mom.

I'm really scared and upset. I don't want my grandmother to die because of this stress (my grandmother is 91). I still have a test to take, and I have my ordinary stresses to deal with. We just moved to a new place, and we aren't all the way moved in. We are very quiet people, but we have neighbors complaining that we aren't. We have an apt manager giving us a hard time, and it's just a lot to handle at once.

Please send prayers for my mom and for the rest of my family. My mom especially needs them. She has good characteristics, and I think that if she could get some help while she is stopped from killing herself, than she might still have some good times left. Of course, being in a psych facility would dry her up from drugs, which may also help her psych situation.

Thank you.