Old 04-09-2011, 01:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
stilllearning

My goals for this year were fitness and travel.

Sooo ... first triathlon this month. Gulp. I decided at the start of the year that I wanted to get fitter. I hike regularly but needed a goal to kick things up a notch. I signed up at the start of February. This is the first time in years that I've been as consistent as this with exercise - I'm getting in 4-5 sessions a week because I'm training with a group. Even if I don't make it to the starting line (I will) I'm already sleeping better, feeling better physically, my mood is better and my focus is better. Result!

I'm also getting on a plane and going on a solo vacation over easter. I have wanted to get away for myself and by myself for more than two years but have had some sort of barrier about it. I booked the trip about a week after I signed up for the tri.

My new goals are to book another trip within six months of this one (and save for it :-) and to keep up with the exercise even after the triathlon is over.

This is a great thread! Alice I am -thrilled- that you are out of that house with the creepy grumpy guy and so glad that the universe has thrown you a bone while your dram house is coming down the pipeline. How great that your paperwork made it through? You're due!!

SL