Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Or the sentence that came out of his mouth about 2-3 times last night ... "all you do is get mad at me when I share ... so is that going to make me want to share more or less?"

Oye! I meant to comment on that too!!! AH gave me the silent treatment for 4 weeks! And then, when I finally got him to talk this past Sunday night - he went full on postal to me! Took my inventory and shredded me! Ack. It hurt, and I got mad, sad, etc. His response? "See and that's why I DON'T talk! You just get mad at me!"

Well, no... you don't talk because you just want to avoid and deny that anything is wrong. Because if you actually admitted something was wrong - OMG, you might actually have to admit you're part of the problem... and if YOU are part of the problem... OMG, you might actually have to do something about it!!!!!!!!

For me, the talking is good. Gotta get things out. Gotta know where the other person stands. Even if it hurts to hear it, at least I know.... and then I can make an informed decision on how to move forward. No talking = nothing changes.

(Boy oh boy, I'm a ball of nerves this morning, eh? )