Old 04-07-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

Guitar sounds hard. I type for a living and can't imagine doing so if my fingers hurt. Eek.

I too have an update.

In my last thread I posted that my application for funding for a house was a go and I was in the process of shopping to place an offer on a house.

Of course with the good came the bad and I received a notice to not renew my lease from my smarmy landlord. After begging an extension and hearing his complaints and demands, I thought I would have to somehow tough it out with him until I could hope to close on a place. His twisted reality was wearing me thin. I was doing everything I could to avoid him and just get the heck out of there as soon as possible.

I found the perfect little bungalow, made an offer and it was accepted. I managed to get through the inspections and the grant office approving the place and I was stunned with everything passing through with flying colors. The toughest part was knowing I was going to have wait for Congress to pass a budget and get actual money funded to my loan. The wait was agonizing.

By some crazy turn of events, an email I had sent out to maybe rent a place short term to get me out of my landlord's place until I could finalize my house got a response. A couple refurbishing an old farm had a free barn apartment if I could watch over their two horses and a pony for them. They are hoping to move to the farm soon and build a house, but in the interim their horses are at the farm and they are paying a small fortune to have daily care for them.

I met them and they are such generous people. Together we fixed up the old barn apartment to make it functional and I moved myself and my pets in at the end of March. I left as initially ordered by my landlord so I owed him nothing upon leaving. Let him get by without my steady rent and finding someone else to pick on. It was a wild and crazy move that I, again, ended up doing myself, but with a positive attitude and faith that it's all part of a master plan, it just worked itself out. Took me a week to get over all the bumps and bruises from the move, but I'm feeling like my old self again.

Now, we have quiet and all the space we need to spread out and relax. No complaints about noise (which we didn't make but now we can). No tip-toeing around someone else's angry moods. Oh, and the best part, No Rent Give me a chance to save for the new place.

I ended up right up the road from the farm where I keep my retired horses so the location couldn't be more convenient. I'm right near my new house as well so I get to drive by it and pine for my little bungalow.

Figured we'd get comfy here and wait out the funding delays. It's rustic, but we are making do and enjoying ourselves immensely.

Just when I thought things were hitting a lull.....wait for it.....My loan grant went through!! Seems a few loans got snuck in through the last resolution by Congress and my loan was one of the few chosen. Can you believe that? I still can't. I feel blessed for sure!

Now it's a mad dash to get more red tape cleared and some tight cinching on the budget to cover the last bit of expenses, but the closing date is set for April 29th.

Not sure if we will make it or if there will be an unforeseen delay, but I've been assured at the worst it's going to be days and not months like it would've been before. My agent says my positive attitude and can-do outlook is what has made this happen. I don't know if all that's true, but I have figured along the way that I can't get what I don't ask for.

It will happen as it is meant to happen. My job is just to hang on for the ride.

I'm so close to my goal and I'm so encouraged by others reaching theirs!!!

Love this thread. I hope there are more updates to come.

Alice