View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

She isn't sober, seekingcalm. She's a binge drinker. She's a secretive drinker versus an in my face type. I suspect she was drinking Monday and I have a feeling she was drinking today. I just don't want to burn my energy wondering anymore and simply stop caring what state she's in.

Odd turn of events tonight. I wish I had my camera recording.
My AW finally said she's going to get herself into an outpatient addiction program. I wasn't in the mood to discuss things with her tonight. I was working on my detachment.
It could be the first of a loud quack or it could be the first of her taking responsibility for her disease. I will continue to focus on myself and see what her actions tell me.
While it's a new thing for her and I guess me, I still felt like I wasn't focusing on her disease because I still don't like her as a person. With or without the alcohol. I suspect just as time took a toll on my trust, time could rebuild it. Do I dare hope? I'll keep working my plan in the meantime.

Thanks for the replies gang. It was nice to take a break from the site but I'm happy to be back.