View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 10:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
cmc

mr and I went to check out the sideboard one last time...and uh-oh...the guy doesn't have the right key!

I know he had it because I used it when I first saw the set, there was a china cabinet that sold the first week. There were at least two keys!
And the both side doors stay open unless they're locked-one side is open and the other's shut tight...I wonder what's inside that other section????

When I got back home I found a bunch of old furniture keys that my dear auntie had collected...there are more than ten. Hopefully one of them will work when I go back tomorrow and yes...I am gonna say...cydab!

He told me today that a waitress bought it and she would be coming in later on...nope...I hung around town all afternoon and when I called him he had a whole different story which made me angry that he tried to pull one over on us.

I wonder how much it costs for a locksmith to fix an antique like this...or if it's even possible? Where's Pattee???? I need some professional advice here asap.

psst...RZ...the tiny metal (brass?) plate inside the top middle drawer says:Grand Rapids. It looks like it's navy blue w raised lettering

soo....the thrift store furniture whine continues....