Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
XXXXXXXXXX

Seriously?

ABF's babymom called last night. First of all, even though she wasn't working she brought him over and dropped him off to spend the night, telling me that he needed to spend time with his dad before he went to rehab on Friday.

She then proceeded to tell me that we need to sit down and completely explain the situation to him (he is an immature 8). That he needs to know "the truth" and we needed to tell him everything.

Then, here comes the funny part:

She offerred to move into the house to help me with my daughter! No kidding.

I am looking forward to him being gone and some peace. I had to explain to this woman that she will need to find someone else to help her with her son while ABF is gone. I cannot do it. There is no way that I could get him to school in the mornings and get myself to work. I would like to see him and do things, but I cannot be his primary caregiver while he is gone, especially when he has a MOTHER who is 2 miles away.

I am actually packing up his things and giving her everything, with an note explaining that I am not doing this for anyother reason that I want him to be able to have his things when he needs them, and that we can return anything to the house when his dad gets home. He is also welcome to come visit, but I can't be her plan for childcare and I can't take care of him all the time. I know that if he has things there, she will call with "I need his ds or I need his blue shirt or he wants his bike". She does this. She invents reasons to come over to the house.

They have not been together as a couple for 6 years. SHe has however enabled and taken care of him and I think she has never really given up that role. Never moved on. When I moved in, she really cranked up the crazy. I am looking forward to him being gone because I need some peace. Her constant bugging me, trying to "help me out because she knows what I'm going through" I just can't deal with.

I also think there is a much more age appropriate way to talk to the little guy and that he doesn't need to hear all of the adult conversation. From the beginning, I've noticed that when she plays the victim role, she almost likes to point at her son when he fails and says "Look, it's because he has a piece of S$$t dad." She doesn't set him up for success, she doesn't do his homework with him or put him in sports, and when he has a tantrum, she blames his dad. Yes, there is blame to be placed. But wouldn't it be better to offer the kid some positivity and a chance?

If you have read this rant, thank you.