Thread: Did I Fail?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 02:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Got2Stop

Did I Fail?

Tonight was the NCAA Basketball Championship. Myself, friends, and family were pulling for Butler to set a precedent that might garner reconsideration to NCAA seedings as well as the BC*BS*. Butler failed, and miserably. They played terrible basketball and probably set records for all time lows in championship history.

Anyways...

I'm a recent addition to this site. Although it's been over a week since I was drunk, I admit that I had 2 glasses of whiskey and 2 glasses of B&B tonight with my family and friends. As a (hopefully) recovering alcoholic, is there an acceptable amount of alcohol to drink or does it require complete abstinence in order to qualify as "recovery"? I have a high tolerance so over the course of a 4 hour night, 4 drinks wasn't enough to have much of an effect but it's the first time that I've drank in over a week.

I feel fine and am obviously completely coherent as I type this (though I'll bite my tongue if I post it and see a typo) so my question, as I progress towards my recovery, is whether or not it's acceptable to "socially drink". That's the part that sucks. I don't necessarily drink because of alcoholism but if everyone around me is drinking, it actually feels awkward if I don't at least "keep the pace".

Thoughts, opinions? (You can lay down a sledgehammer if you need to, my long term goal is more important than any short term punishment)