View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Welcome to SR. I'm glad you decided to post here in this forum and very happy to know you are reading the sticky threads.

What you have been experiencing is domestic violence and abuse...regardless of whether a person is using or not-- the results are most serious. I hope you will take a look at the stickies about abuse and learn some ways to protect yourself.

Telling his family was your decision to make. There are no guarantees that they will want to or even be able to offer you the kind of support you need.

I found that besides and in addition to coming heregoing to Al-Anon or NA provides the best and highest quality of support I have ever known. I have also benefitted from some counseling but for me,but being around others who understand and know about this disease from personal experience helps the most. I learned more from watching how others learned to cope and change- they gave me hope that life could be good again.

In the beginning I went to lots and lots of meetings and eventually settled into Al-Anon as my primary source of help and support.

Again...I'm glad you found us. Soon there will be more responses as others join when they are able.

Oh...and you are right. You deserve better- you deserve to be safe, loved and happy with your life.