View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 10:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SoberRightNow

artsoul That description is basically what happens. Sadly, including loss of bowel control, ashamed though I am to admit that. Not had the blackouts or drooling though. Worringly, it happens every morning after drinking, not after a significant period of abstinence. No medical expert but fairly sure that can't be good .

Did everything I could to reach out for medical help but casualty (ER) are really aggressive about it (wasting our time blah blah) and my doctor made me an appointment that I missed due to drinking so when you are actively alcoholic it is kind of hard to stay organised enough to take advantage of it.

Dee I should just do AA, I know, regardless of any daft reservations. Like you say, if you are drowning, you don't start criticising a piece of wood you grab. But getting to meetings again requires being sober long enough to actually make it there.

I need a more physical intervention but sadly it doesn't appear to be available. Probably due to funding cuts or something. Tough times for everyone I guess.

I've read on here about people in the US that get "forced" into a 6 month detox centre. Man, I'd give my right arm for that right now. Service just simply isn't available here.