View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Genjen

Originally Posted by UniqueNewYork View Post
I don't even get the urge to drink anymore lately. I don't get obsessions. I don't get cravings. Lately that is.

My big secret is I have all my friends and family on board with me. I've put people in my life who are so close to me, that almost every day, I will say "you know.. this part of my life is different/better because if I was still drinking (followed by story about a crappy experience). The other day it was my Dad. I said "Dad.. whats funny about this is we are staying in a hotel tonight together.. but if I was drinking, i'd be whining about wanting to lay up in the bar all night and take a taxi to the hotel. Now I'm ok with going to bed at 9:30". Stories like that are almost a daily routine in my life. Every day, and I mean literally every day, I find something new and exciting about my life that was just absolute **** in my previous life.
Oh I like that...that is so open...I'm such an isolator and hiding all the time...I think I might try and put that in my routine as well. I've been very open this time with alot of people and have realized some others are recovering alcs as well...pretty amazing.