Old 04-03-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Originally Posted by dancingnow View Post
Thank you so much TG for separating this out and creating a new post for acceptance. I didn't want to hijack other posts but wanted to have a little more depth of what you were getting at.

I hope to progress to a more healthy place of acceptance. You have put in perspective what it means to accept and make choices in a way that is detached from the alcoholic but still leaves room for loving that person.

Thanks for sharing your courage.
I love my husband and miss him terribly - not the alcoholic blamer quacker but the sweet, generous, kind-hearted funny guy I fell in love with. I know that guy is in there somewhere, underneath all that anger. I miss that guy a lot!

But I missed me more. My sanity, my peace, my relationship with my children, having guests & friends over, my extended family, my dogs...none of these things worked while we lived together. They are working now. And that's how I know I am back on the right path for me.

But gosh, I love that guy, I pray for him a lot, that he finds his path to happiness and peace, knowing that may not necessarily be with me.