View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
azureseas

What an interesting topic. You inspired me to do some googling and I came across this book that explores the concept of creativity and addiction.

Its called 'Witness to the Fire: Creativity and the Veil of Addiction' and 7/7 five star reviews on Amazon. As a creative professional myself I'm hoping my library has a copy.

Amazon.com: Witness to the Fire: Creativity and the Veil of Addiction (9780877735885): Linda Schierse Leonard: Books

Here is one review:
Should be mandatory reading in any drug/alcohol counseling course. I've read this book 2x and have savored it completely each and every time. I've gained new insights into myself. I finally understood the reaons for which I drank and how barren and empty my soul was for spirit. How badly I wanted to be "drunk" with spirit. And in my inability to replicate that experience, which fed my frustrations and in turn, lead me to drink. Understood the "voices" in my head that were there to punish me for every imagined infraction. Those harmful "parental voices" mocking approval and throwing tibits of love at me. My need to feel the connection to the spirit and the easy road that I took as a young adult. Every time I have re-read a page or two out of this book has always led me to create some form of art in some way.