View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
putmeontheair

Cyranoak,

Thanks for your response. I'm just trying to figure everything out and hearing others' stories helps me out. I truthfully haven't made the decision ... sometimes I want nothing more than to go ... other times I want nothing more than to stay. I'm just kind of waiting until I stop thinking about the decision. I know that sounds bad, but I'm mostly waiting until there is an "a-ha" moment that helps me figure out what I want to do concretely. I don't want to regret leaving him, and I generally live by the rule that I should make the decision that is most easily reversible. Divorce is generally final whereas staying can be reversed at any point ... does that make sense? Just my thought process anyway.

I do wish my situation were a little more black and white. I am thankful he has gone to rehab, I am thankful he is not physically abusive as to me and to me only, those are things that if they did or did not happen, I would be out the door. There are things holding me here, but there are also things holding me back.

Edited to add ... I am in Al-Anon and working on my own recovery.

Thank you, very much for your response. It did help me in my thinking.