View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 07:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
emp919

Thanks Beth, I am grateful.

And to those who read this thread or any of my contributions and suppose I am against the therapy field, I am most fervently not. If even one of the therapists we saw had seen through my AH, things might be different now. I found one therapist who, after hearing what was going on from me over the phone (not in session, I was looking for a therapist for us), commented on how AH sounded narcissistic and abusive. But AH did not want to go to a male therapist. He wanted a female. Isn't that curious.

I speak from time to time with a wonderful addictions therapist who has been able to reflect back to me the truth of my situation and experience, as well as confirm what I tend to second-guess as far as the addictions go with AH; the patterns, the behaviors, etc. So that has been very healing. It has just been amazing in a psychological-horror-movie sort of way, how adept he is at twisting facts, experiences and the minds of people (therapists, me, my own family, friends, coworkers) to the bent of his delusion.

~emp919