# 14 (permalink)  
Genjen

Originally Posted by Kjell View Post
Welcome GenJen-

Maybe let us know about yourself?

...and welcome.

KjellChell~
Probably a good idea...

I attended AA when I was in my early 20s with my old boss...he recognized some behaviors of mine as alcoholic/addict and convinced me to go, this is when I had no addiction issues though, partied some but not a lot. Anyway i did that for a few years, then got addicted to meth...lost my job, was addicted for 4 years, then moved out of state. I did not attend meetings to quit, I just moved and made it happen...was fine for about 14 yrs, got a divorce during that time (was married for 10 yrs)...

...And low and behold I went down the alcohol path...I'm still shocked! Been struggling with it for 4 years now, have done counseling when I can afford it and have been going to church and bible studies regularly for the last 6 months, also celebrate recovery meetings...but I don't think the once a week meetings are working, I'm going to dive back into regular AA meetings to keep myself from drinking...it ALWAYS happens after work on the way home, I never go to bars/clubs, i am a home drinker...by myself.

Anyway happy to be here!