View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
luckedog

I’ve been sober over a year and to tell you the truth fighting negative thoughts is still my toughest battle. It is something that seeks to enter my thoughts daily. I go months and not even think about alcohol but the negative stuff is there a lot. I may be over simplifying things but I try to see my mind like my computer, I control the keyboard. I also make the decisions what sites I view. I work at not letting “BAD” stuff into my hard drive. I work at doing the same with my mind. When I feel negative thoughts coming my way I counteract them with the truth. Truth is-I can be free from alcohol and drugs- I can live up to my potential-I can be compassionate to my fellow man, forgiving _____ ect…ect. ( fill in the blank)

I know this is going to sound HOKEY but my grandmother (borne in1898) used to say “ You can’t stop a bird from flying over your head, but you can stop it from building a nest in your hair” It is the same way with negative thoughts, don’t let them stay! Think about something positive.
Great subject by the way, Thanks...........Ld