View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 06:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LeadHatter

Just an update i think i have been spending too much time [more than i can postivly withstand] giving to others in recovery chatrooms, this has been drawing my focus away from me - which batteries down is where it needed to be.

Anna mentioned something about 'in the hoop' which im feeling. Well i have been going 'out of the hoop' for long periods of time [hours] in chatrooms helping others and im not sure that is doing me any favours because after so doing last night here i am the one looking for support.

Lexie i was interested in doing a 'online aa' meeting and understand there is one on this site fridays

and yes Cat i agree that however i squeal poor me i know i am part of the problem and by making myself stronger better dramas would impact on me less so right on im good now i am of the view that my 'self demaging helping' is the thing i need to focus on now.

I do have reasons for not going to aa in the real world [though i would try online aa] some of these are religious since i have heard rather alot of aa bashing in chatrooms - how do i put this i respect jesus and the christian faith but i dont class myself as a christian and find religious types who talk about any 'one true way' a pretty obnoxious/scary/pathetic bunch and some have told me aa is nowt but a protestant front