Old 03-28-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JohnBarleycorn

Originally Posted by luckedog View Post
Good post CR, you are absolutely right; WE have the power over the "beast"! It is amazing to think how much time I let it control ME rather than the other way around! How many wasted years? I could have gotten so much more done.

You know as to a point you made earlier; that some folks think we are God haters and religion bashers here at Secular connections. First, I am a believer; I have stated that several times here (when appropriate) No one here has EVER bashed me! I am simple minded so I usually take a simple approach; God didn’t pour that first drink down my throat and he won't make me quit. That is MY responsibility - no one else’s- secondly I'm not trying to convert anyone I'm just content to be who I am. The way I see it (simple, remember) when we learn to accept and respect those who are different from us it's the first step to unity.
For whatever it's worth, Jack Trimpey of Rational Recovery is not atheist. He has stated that the idea for "The Beast" - which is what he calls the midbrain - is fully compatible with the idea of old 666.