Thread: OT Rejected
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cb12

OT Rejected

I'm feeling pretty crappy at the moment. I've put my heart and soul into my undergraduate major and I've just been rejected from all of the graduate schools I applied to. "Insufficiently competitive GPA."

I, once again, feel like I'm behind in the world and just can't catch up. I can't seem to be at the level that everyone else it at. I worked my *ss off for my major in college- I didn't party, I didn't do drugs, hell I never even missed a class, and the payoff is rejection. great.

My junior year in college I was dealing with a whole bunch of family drama (my grandpa died, our inheritance stolen, my home went up for sale, my brother was homeless, my mom moved out of state, and over the summer my grandma died, all with an A father in the mix to make things worse)... and I still made the Dean's List (3.5 or higher) both semesters!

I know that this is just an emotion and that it will pass. I guess I just wanted something in my life to go RIGHT. And once again, it hasn't. It just sucks. One of my mentors told me that I should look at this as an opportunity to do something different and new with my life, which i can, but it doesn't help me through the grief.