Old 03-27-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
HoopNinja

Ennuui--are you sure that name fits you From what I've read so far you are just the opposite of ennui! Welcome!

When I read you post I have to admit my first feeling was frustration that people who we should be able to count on to support us are the very ones who bring us down. My mom was extremely abusive. She had 4 children and we all took separate paths in our adult lives. I thought I was "better" because I did not engage with her anymore but I fell into the codie state of mind because it was what felt nice and cozy (though it was not). It took coming here for me to really break some of the destructive paths I had continued to put myself on-even when I stopped listening to my mother's constant denigrating garbage.

I am happy that you are finding you are the gem you are and happy to hear about the new jobs--both of them. A safety net is never a bad thing-when you don't need it anymore you can get rid of it.

You are obvioiusly a "get it done" person. Not surprising being an ACoA. We can be ambitious overachievers and that can come in handy I was happy to read your post and see you are moving forward and not back in with the people who pull you down. You have pulled yourself up and that toxic place can sometimes bring us back down-even if we are there for a short time.

I have to say I went from GRRRRR to YAY from your first post to your last. I am happy you are taking care of YOU!