View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bevin

Originally Posted by CheekyAngel View Post
Oh yeah, it defintely does. The longer you are anxious in a situation, the lesser it becomes.
However, i hate to say that because i have erythrophobia, my anxiety levels are constantly highering and lowering. I will get mini panic attacks everytime a speaker makes eye contact with me, if somebody beside make speaks, if something is said that i am uncomfortable with etc etc etc...
So for me personally it will never go. Plus if i have a blushing attack i will be more anxious going to that same place again and the level of anxiety only gets higher and higher everytime i have a blushing attack (erythrophobia, its kinda difficult to explain).
No, you don't have to explain - I totally get it. I have visible symptoms too - my face twitches. I have twitchophobia I suppose. I have the same thing happen when someone makes eye contact with me. Believe it or not, it has also happened when I'm watching TV when someone is looking directly at the camera. It makes no sense.

I couldnt agree with you more, however without 'the pill' there is no spontaineily for me. I know that there are many people (and i think i will be one of them) who never beat anxiety disorders, so if taking a pill allows me to live some kind of life then i sad to say it maybe my only option (i really hope not and i will take every route available to me).
I don't know how old you are, but I have a feeling that you are too young to say 'never'. Try not to stress out too much about the rest of your life and just deal with now. Things can change so much in just a few years.

That is great, i mean it! I hope some day i will be able to say the same thing!!
If you dont mind me asking, what made you ant to stop drinking? Were you physically addicted? Psycholocially addicted/dependant? Or were you medicating the anxiety with it?? Or simply want to give it up?
I'm definitely an alcoholic - physically and psychologically addicted. I made the decision to quit because it was making the anxiety completely unmanageable, I never got enough sleep, and I was getting sick. Everything I ate went straight through me, and I usually couldn't eat much during the day because it made the stomach cramps worse. I spent all day obsessing about when I'd be able to drink next, and I've had a couple of periods where I've been a morning/all day drinker. Pretty miserable state to be in.

You mentioned that you thought you should stop doing drugs in an earlier post. Were you just talking about Xanax or are there other things?