View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Germanos

Thanks to everyone for there responses. I just want to clarify what I meant though:

I know that I can say no and people will understand, in fact I have no problem offending someone if that means me staying sober. I was just worried about whether or not I will say no. My question was, as many of you have concluded already, how do I make myself refuse. I found the answer as some of you advised, things change with time. A different perspective where alcohol does not revolve around everything becomes the norm eventually.

Thanks to everyone of you for the responses. I found the advice I was looking for. I am still interested in any stories of similar situations and am always open to any advice of any kind.

Ste - you made me laugh with that one... it is true too. The grandma's shuve food in your face.. You don't eat enough!! P.S. - Carl Sagan is the man

Soberrightnow - you are absolutely correct, Russian's are very respectable towards not drinking.... just stay away from the pubs you might run into trouble. Yes the alcoholism rate is very high in Russia. I see Ste resides in Russia, perhaps he knows more. I was only there for a few months.