View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Spawn

Originally Posted by Germanos View Post
Welp it is rainy and cold here so my plans of going outside and enjoying the weather have changed. The internet was down for a bit so here I have sat for the past 4 hours organizing the junkyard of files on my computer, something I have been meaning to do for over a year. Haha, it is fun to go through all of my old traveling experiences and journals. It is eye opening to see pictures of my 18 year old self in Japan drinking at a bar in Tokyo. The look of a carefree youth enjoying life and in control of his drinking. Here I am trying to accept the fact that I can never be that kid again. That one will take a while to sink in. In all of the countries that I have been to, drinking is a way of bonding if not part of their culture. What will I do the next time I visit my brother in Russia? Haha wow I have a lot of thinking to do. Not traveling is simply not an option, and I am not worried about what the other party might say when I say no... I am worried about how hard it will be to say no. I do not know what it is like to be sober for 2 years, and I wouldn't want to risk having 1 drink. This is a long term problem, but I am just curious.

Any thoughts or similar experiences? Thanks
other cultures have a sober seen

AA is world wide