View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
CheekyAngel

Originally Posted by hydrogirl View Post
Hi CA!!! I do hope that this will pass soon. I have known a couple of agoraphobics in my day and have perhaps a small understanding of how you feel. Perhaps think about the fact that you left your house to go get liquor, you would just be leaving your house to perhaps take a short walk around the block......no personal interactions necessary.

But just know that Rome wasn't built in a day...one small step, one small victory at a time!

Hugs, HG
I am going to try set a side one thing a day that will help me to overcome anxiety. Its not just going to go away 1)on its own and 2)by not doing anything.

I am also going to begin getting stuck into relaxation/meditation again. Its funny, i know all these things help but i struggle to find the motivation to do them.

I suppose that motivation shall come from within and i will seach for the motivation until i find it!!

Originally Posted by PureLife View Post
ugh i feel the same way.. massive headache 6 days sober and all i can think about is drinking because i'm just so mad at everything and cannot handle the sitting around thing..
Welcome PureLife

The difference with me is that, i could sit in day in and day out and not drink. The thing is, i dont want to sit in day in and day out. I want to go out. Its the going out that is a problem for me due to the anxiety...

Congrats on the 6days sober...keep it up...

Are you recieveing support for being and staying sober?

Remember, it has to get worse to get better...